My commitment is twofold:
- First, to the deceased, to honour their life and to celebrate it.
- Second, to the family who have entrusted me with this task to provide them with a smooth transition and a ceremony they can look back on with pride.
I will endeavour to provide all the information you and your family will require to make your journey through this most difficult time easier. No one can make the pain go away, but I can assist in taking some of the load.
Ask your Funeral Director to make contact with me, or you can contact me directly.
- Visit you at a place, date and time convenient to you.
- Speak and liaise with your chosen funeral director, burial ground or cremation house.
- Prepare a plan for your style of ceremony
- Speak and liaise with your family members, regarding music, poems, eulogy/tribute
- On the day, lead the ceremony for your family, providing a welcome introduction and either speaking for you or introducing your chosen speakers.
- Advise, organise, source venue, catering, for any after ceremony get-together, or “wake”, if required.
- Treat every funeral on an individual basis, whether it be a death through illness, accident, old age or that of a young person.
Funerals can happen so quickly, often there is a feeling of “what would the deceased have wanted?” If you are reading this and feel you would like to make some outlined provision for your final celebration please feel free to speak to me.
Linda, whose husband Phil was an ecologist and loved the wonders of wildlife, says; “Phil’s funeral was just what he would have wanted. Three speakers gave brief aspects of his life from a community, social and work point of view. The ceremony was held in a local village hall, and the attendees who could then proceeded to a greenfield burial site in Essex where his coffin was laid with some words from his close family. A wonderful young wood now grows there.”
Initial preliminary discussion whether via e-mail or phone – free of charge
Initial first face to face discussion – free of charge.
On your instructions I will draw up a plan of preparation with costs you are then able to decide what elements best suit your budget, a deposit for my services is required at this stage.
Depending on the complexity and location, the charge for the delivery of a 20 minute ceremony is usually around £180.
Will be special, crafted specifically for the people involved
Will be focused on the occasion
Will be focused on the people involved
Will have no rules structure
Will ensure the occasion is exactly what you and your family specifically require
Interesting piece from BBC Magazine : www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31940529
There are very few independent funeral directors, but I’m pleased to recommend :